Frequently asked questions
Here's a list of commonly asked questions - click on the question text to view the answer.
- I am an External Student, do I need to order unit readers, lab manuals, practical manuals and other unit materials?
- How do I order my books online?
- How long will it take to receive my order?
- Do I need to be home at the time of delivery?
- Where can my order be delivered to?
- I have chosen to pick up my order, can someone else collect it on my behalf?
- How else can I order my books if I don’t want to purchase online?
- Can I purchase my books for both semesters all at one time?
- What is Verified by Visa and what is Mastercard SecureCode?
- What are the Bookshop’s trading hours?
- I want to return my books what is the bookshop’s return policy?
- Can you provide information on the Guild Book Subsidy Scheme?
- What is the difference between a Prescribed Textbook and a Recommended Textbook?
- Can I order merchandise from the website?
- Does the Bookshop supply second hand books?
I am an External Student, do I need to order unit readers, lab manuals, practical manuals and other unit materials?
Yes - All Unit Materials are produced by Murdoch Print including readers, lab manuals and practical manuals and are available to External Students for purchase. You need to order these from the Bookshop and they can be sent to you or collected for the Bookshop at the South Street Campus. This includes Open Universities students.
- Click on the "Booklist" link from the Bookshop homepage.
- Type in your unit code and choose your semester/period of study. You can search for more than one unit at a time by repeating this step.
- When you've entered all your units click the Search button at the bottom of the page.
- Tick the check box next to each title you wish to purchase.
- Once you have selected all your titles click the "+ Add to Cart" button.
- Once you have confirmed that all the titles on the list are correct you can choose your despatch method from the drop down box, either pickup or delivery. For more information on delivery, please visit the Delivery methods page.
- Once you have selected your delivery method, click the "Checkout" button to continue.
- Next you will be asked to enter your delivery and contact details. We strongly recommend that you provide your full name, contact phone numbers and email address. The contact phone numbers are passed on to the couriers, and as such are useful if there are any issues with delivery.
- Once you are satisfied your details are correct, click the "Click here to pay" button at the bottom of the page.
- Click "Pay now!" to be directed to the secure transaction website. From there, simply follow the prompts.
Please see the Delivery methods page for answers to delivery and pickup questions.
If you don't want to purchase your books online, you can fax us your order with your credit card details on 08 9310 7365 using the printable form below.
+ Download the printable order form (.pdf format)
The bookshop will also accept email orders. Simply send us an email with your name, address, unit code and booklist to email@example.com. We strongly recommend that you do not send credit card details through email. Provide us with a daytime contact number in your email and we will call for your credit card details when your order is being processed.
The bookshop does not currently accept phone orders. To provide the best possible service to you we require a hard copy of any order.
Payments via post may be made through cheque, money order or credit card. If your preferred method of payment is cheque or money order, please send an envelope enclosed with an order form plus the cheque or money order to the address below. Money orders can be obtained at any retail Australia Post outlet and paid for at the outlet using Cash or EFTPOS.
Murdoch University Bookshop
Murdoch W.A. 6150
+ Download the printable order form (.pdf format)
Booklists for the next semester will not be available until toward the end of the current semester. As such, you will only be able to order for the current or upcoming semester, as booklists and courses change from semester to semester.
These are initiatives ran by each company that aim to increase the level of security of online transactions. If you are using your credit card online for the first time, you may be asked to set up a password in order to verify future transactions. Please contact your financial information for any queries relating to these programs.
Murdoch University Bookshop's trading hours.
Murdoch University Bookshop's returns policy.
As the scheme is operated by the Guild, please visit the Guild Subsidy Scheme webpage for information relating to this.
Prescribed textbooks are required for the completion of the unit. Recommended textbooks are not essential for the completion of the course, but are useful as an extra resource.
Absolutely! Each merchandise item has a "Add to cart" button, which you can use to add the item to your online shopping cart. You can even order merchandise with your textbooks, simply visit the merchandise page after adding the textbooks to your cart.
No, but the Guild shop runs a second hand bookshop on campus. See this page for more details.