Essential tips for customers:
- Think first about what you are buying.
- Ask for advice if you are unsure.
- Inspect goods carefully before buying them. If they appear damaged or soiled, do not buy them.
- Keep all receipts for future reference.
- eBooks and other digital products cannot be returned or exchanged after purchase unless faulty.
- Goods that are packaged with an eBook or other digital product, or an access code, cannot be returned or exchanged if the eBook/digital product/access code has been opened or accessed unless faulty.
- Refunds or Exchanges cannot be given for lost or stolen gift vouchers.
What DOES NOT constitute an obligation by the Bookshop to accept a return:
- You have changed your mind about the goods.
- Find the goods cheaper at another store or online.
- You do not like them anymore.
- There are obvious faults you should have noticed when you saw the goods prior to purchase.
- Use the goods in a way that they were not made for.
- Caused the goods to become damaged by using them in a manner other than that intended for the product.
- Must be accompanied by sales receipts or invoice as proof of purchase
- Are ONLY offered on FAULTY non-book products or MISBOUND books and ONLY in the instance that a replacement is unavailable or cannot be issued in a reasonable timeframe.
- Will be made to the same credit card (or tender type) that was charged for the original purchase.
- Will only be issued within 14 days of the purchase date.
Unit Material Credit Notes as a result of withdrawal or exemption for a unit:
- Must be accompanied by POS sales receipts or invoice as proof of purchase.
- Will only be considered AFTER the Semesters Census Date (as published on the Murdoch University Website)
- Must be accompanied with written proof of withdrawal or exemption (this may be double checked by bookshop staff in the enrolment system)
- Goods must be in mint condition and within the original packaging/shrink-wrap with any associated digital products or access keys unused.
- Cash refunds are NOT offered in these instances.
- Please note: These are a privilege offered by the Bookshop but are not a consumer right.
On-line Customers and External Students:
- External students or Online Customers who return books to the Bookshop for credit or refund through no fault of the Bookshop, shall be responsible for any postage and freight charges. Where the Bookshop is at fault, postage and freight charges will be met by the Bookshop.
This policy has been prepared in accordance with the DOCEP guidelines.