Research and scholarship are the cornerstones of Murdoch University. We have a proud tradition as a research-led internationally recognised University, and our researchers address some of the major challenges of the 21st Century.
Murdoch University has particular strengths in food security, health futures and sustainable development. Our translational research aims to bring about positive change through new discoveries, better informed public policy and the forging of strong partnerships with other universities, industry and government.
Our strengths in primary food production, climate change, environmental sustainability and adaptation, human and animal health and welfare, public policy, governance, communication, culture and education are brought together in one central coordinating hub – the Office of Research and Development.
Our staff in the Office of Research and Development work with researchers through the whole journey, ensuring people work in a safe environment,underpinned by an ethical framework. Our advisors are on hand to guide researchers through grants and contracts, research management, graduate supervision as well as international relations and knowledge transfer.
Research & Development announcements
- The School of Veterinary & Life Sciences has produced their 2015 Research Strategy as well as a series of research bulletins. Find out more about their research and visit their research bulletin page to view their research strategy and bulletins.
- Knowledge Transfer: Ignition (Entrepreneurial) Program 2015 (23-28th Aug) - Fully Funded Scholarship. More info here.
- New research-collaboration opportunity for the development of robust and reliable assays for absolute quantitation of hepcidine-25 and novel drugs for cryptosporidiosis. Click here for more details.
- The definition of Research Active has been updated for 2015. Click here to view.
- Small Grant Scheme 2015 results have now been published. Click here to view.
Graduate Research Office announcements
- APA/MURS (2016 round) for commencement after 11th Jan 2016 - closing on 30 Sep 2015. Further details here.
- SEE-Mie2015 - First International Conference on Science, Engineering & Enviroment. More information here.
- Abstracts & registrations for Asia-Oceania Conference on Neutron Scattering (AOCNS-2015) are now open.